Log in Become a Member

Regions

Comprehensive description of all European growing areas, their grape varieties, traditions and legal rules with maps.

Montello e Colli Asolani DOC

Description to Montello e Colli Asolani DOC

DOC area (also Montello-Colli Asolani) for a wide range of white wines and red wines in the Italian Veneto region It is named after a 370 meter high elevation. The zone completely covers the municipalities of Castelcucco, Cornuda and Monfumo, as well as parts of Asolo, Borso del Grappa, Caerano San Marco, Cavaso del Tomba, Crespano del Grappa, Crocetta del Montello, Fonte, Giavera del Montello, Maser, Montebelluna, Nervesa della Battaglia, Paderno del Grappa Pederobba, Possagno, San Zenone degli Ezzelini and Volpago del Montello in the province of Treviso. The Venegazzù subzone covers part of the municipality of Volpago del Montello.

The pure variety wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, for the remaining 15% other approved varieties can be used. The five white wines are Bianchetta(Bianchetta Trevigiana), Chardonnay, Manzoni Bianco, Pinot Bianco(Pinot Blanc) and Pinot Grigio(Pinot Gris). The six red wines are Cabernet (Cabernet Franc and/or Cabernet Sauvignon and/or Carmenère), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère, Merlot and Recantina.

The Bianco is blended from Chardonnay (40-70%), in any use of Bianchetta, Glera, Manzoni Bianco and Pinot Bianco (30-60%), and other authorised varieties (max. 15%). Rosso is produced from Cabernet Sauvignon (40-70%), Cabernet Franc and/or Carmenère and/or Merlot (30-60%), as well as other authorised varieties (max. 15%). The Venegazzù (also as Superiore) is produced from Cabernet Sauvignon (50-70%), Cabernet Franc and/or Carmenère and/or Merlot (30-50%), as well as other approved varieties (max. 15%). A Spumante is produced from the two white wines Chardonnay and Pinot Bianco

The Rosso Superiore has been marketed from the 2012 vintage as Montello Rosso to the DOCG.

EVENTS NEAR YOU

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.