The Princely House has been cultivating wine for over four centuries, first for the Principality at that time and later for the national and international market. The vineyards are located in three German growing regions, namely Franconia, Rheingau and Baden. In 2010, the princely wine production facilities were merged into the Kleinheubach Castle Park, where the family's current ancestral seat in Löwenstein Castle is also located. The state-of-the-art wine cellar was established in the former Marstall, a baroque sandstone building from the 18th century. Behind the historic building, two new buildings built entirely in wood complement the winery ensemble: the wine press hall with sensory analysis room, vinotheque and offices, and the wine store.
Since 2010, vinification has been carried out as castle bottling in Franconia at the new Kleinheubach site. After the early death of Hereditary Prince Carl Friedrich, his wife Dr. Hereditary Princess Stephanie zu Löwenstein took over the management of the Fürstlich Löwensteinsche Unternehmensgruppe. The manager of the winery is Peter Arnold from Geisenheim with international (Spain, South Africa) experience. Martin Armend (Franconia, Baden) and Henning Brömser (Rheingau) are responsible for the external operations and Andrea Paul for sales. Through the partners "Châteauform" and "Viking", seminars and conferences are held in the Löwenstein Castle, and river cruisers are provided with food and drink. The philosophy of the house is: loving, dignified interpersonal contact, respect for our living space and the elements water, air and earth, as well as sustainable cultivation of forests, grassland, water and vineyards with natural added value.
The vineyards in Franconia comprise 15 hectares of vineyards in the sole ownership of the site Fürstlicher Homburger Kallmuth, classified by the VDP as Grosses Gewächs, which is considered a jewel of the estate as a protected monument and nature reserve, and the site Oberrot (Lengfurt). They are planted with the white wine varieties Silvaner (two thirds), Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc, as well as the red wine varieties Zweigelt andPinot Noir.
The vineyard in the community of Oestrich-Winkel in the Rheingau, which has existed since 1736, was acquired by the princely house in 1875. Until 1997 it was leased to Schloss Vollrads, since then the estate has been managed by the Fürstenhaus itself. The vineyards cover a total of 22 hectares of vineyards in the individual locations Jungfer, Hendelberg and Schönhell (Hallgarten). Of 7.5 hectares are produced on our own, the rest is leased. They are planted with the varieties Riesling (80%), as well as Frühburgunder and Spätburgunder (20%). Highest priority is given to gentle, natural grape extraction and origin-oriented production of the wines. The quality pyramid corresponds to the VDP classification model. In the Baden wine growing region, the 7 hectares of vineyards in the two individual sites Josefsberg and Kemelrain (Bronnbach) are leased out under cooperative agreements.
Bottle-fermented sparkling wine and Secco, as well as Franconian balsamic vinegar, are also produced from base wines from both growing regions. The most important certification is the membership in the European Association of "Wildlife Estates" and the "Naturelife Philosophy" commitment. There are memberships in the regional viticulture associations, the Silvaner Forum and the circle of friends of the TRIAS vineyards, as well as for Franconia and Rheingau the partly 100-year-old VDP membership (Association of German Prädikat Wineries).