The winery is located in the municipality of Kröv (Bernkastel area) in the German Moselle wine region. It is one of the oldest wineries on the Moselle. In 862 King Lothar II. (835-869) donated the farm to the Benedictine monastery of Stavelot, in whose possession it remained until the Napoleonic secularization. In 1805, the estate was acquired by the French state through Peter Schneiders, an ancestor of the present owners. Today the estate is run by Jan Matthias Klein. The vineyards cover nine hectares of vineyards in the individual locations Letterlay, Paradies and Steffensberg (Kröv), Hofberger (Neumagen-Dhron), as well as Treppchen (Piesport). They are 75% planted with Riesling, as well as Müller-Thurgau, Sauvignon Blanc,Pinot Noir, Frühburgunder and Regent. Organic viticulture is practiced according to the rules of ECOVIN.
The wines are produced in the lines "Schoppenweine", "Motivwein" (light and fruity), "Wappenwein" (from old vines from steep vineyards) and "Signaturwein" (Beerenauslese, Trockenbeerenauslese). In years with suitable weather conditions, ice wines are also pressed. Premium wines are the Lagenrieslings, "Alte Reben" (Riesling from vines with true roots in single stake training) and the red wine cuvée "Drei Farben Rot". We also produce bottle-fermented sparkling wines, noble brandies (yeast, marc, fruit), and grape juices. The winery is a member of the international association Slow Food and the winemakers' association Der klitzekleiner Ring.