Log in Become a Member

Weingut Kartäuserhof - Karl Stierschneider

Lower Austria/Niederösterreich Wachau Austria

The vineyard "Kartäuserhof - Karl Stierschneider" is located in the community of Weißenkirchen in the Lower Austrian wine growing region Wachau. The traditional farm was built in 1380 as a Lesehof of...
Name: Weingut Kartäuserhof - Karl Stierschneider
Area: Wachau
Vineyard: 8 ha
Owner: Karl Stierschneider
Wine Maker: Karl Stierschneider
Sign up as reference source

Tasted Wines

View All
For a classification of this winery we currently lack sufficient current samples
Weingut Kartäuserhof - Karl Stierschneider, Weißenkirchen is not a premium member of wein.plus yet.

By creating Weingut Kartäuserhof - Karl Stierschneider saved filter, you will see relevant matches on your home screen.

0.75 L
2014 Wachau Ried Achleiten Grüner Veltliner Federspiel dry
11.00 €
Translate to English Editor note: Klarer, feiner, kräuteriger Zitrus-Kernobstduft mit mineralischen Anklängen. Feinsaftige, lebendige...
0.75 L
2012 Wachau Ried Achleiten Grüner Veltliner Federspiel dry
Translate to English Editor note: Kühle, pflanzliche und einen Hauch pfeffrige Nase mit deutlich erdigen sowie leicht tabakigen und ge...
0.75 L
2012 Wachau Ried Kirchensteig Grüner Veltliner Federspiel dry
Translate to English Editor note: Herber, kräuterig-pflanzlicher, ein wenig an Brennessel erinnernder Duft mit Zitrusaromen und grünen...
0.75 L
2012 Wachau Riesling Federspiel dry Alte Reben
Translate to English Editor note: Kühler, reintöniger, fein-kräuteriger und erdig-mineralischer Zitrus-Kernobstduft mit Zitrusnuancen....
0.75 L
2012 Wachau Ried Achleiten Riesling Federspiel dry
Translate to English Editor note: Herb-pflanzlicher, leicht würziger Duft mit erdigen Noten sowie kühlen Aromen von Kernobst und ein w...
0.75 L
2012 Wachau Ried Achleiten Riesling Smaragd dry Urbestand
Translate to English Editor note: Recht feiner, leicht kräuterig-würziger und sowie einen Hauch hefiger und tabakiger Zitrus-Pfirsichd...
The vineyard "Kartäuserhof - Karl Stierschneider" is located in the community of Weißenkirchen in the Lower Austrian wine growing region Wachau. The traditional farm was built in 1380 as a reading farm of the Carthusian monastery Aggsbach, from which the name is derived. In 1862, it was taken over by the Stierschneider family and is now run by Karl Stierschneider in the third generation. The vineyards comprise ten hectares of vines in the Achleiten, Hinterkirchen, Klaus and Steinriegl vineyards on south-facing terraced sites. They are planted to 90% with white wine varieties such as Grüner Veltliner, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc and Gelber Muskateller, the remaining 10% with the red wine varieties Zweigelt and Pinot Noir. Among the premium wines are the Vinea Wachau Nobilis Districtus, the red wine cuvée "Decimo", which is aged for 26 months in barriques. About 80,000 to 100,000 bottles of wine are produced annually.
Weingut Kartäuserhof - Karl Stierschneider Region: Lower Austria/Niederösterreich Wachau Austria

EVENTS NEAR YOU

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.