The winery is located in the municipality of Enkirch in the German wine-growing region of Mosel. It is one of the oldest wineries on the Moselle. The middle part of the winery, which still exists today, was first mentioned in 908 in a document of the Carolingian king Louis IV (893-911). (893-911), in which a transfer of the estate to the church was confirmed. The base of the building dates from the second half of the 9th century. The supporting basalt column in the deep cellar is of Roman origin. Particularly formative for the history and development was the Immich family, which is one of the oldest winegrowing families in the Moselle with a winegrowing history from 1425 to 1989.
The estate was founded in its present form by Carl August Immich. From 1841 to 1846, he worked a vineyard with countless blasting charges in order to achieve the best slope and orientation towards the sun. This is why it was later named "Batterieberg". The farm was acquired by the two Hamburg families Auerbach and Probst in 2010. Since the 2009 vintage, Gernot Kollmann has been responsible for the management and vinification. After studying wine business management in Heilbronn, Kollmann worked in responsible positions at the Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier and Van Volxem wineries, and then as a wine consultant at various wineries. Karl Höhlein is responsible for the vineyards.
The vineyards cover 7.5 hectares of vines in the single vineyard sites Batterieberg (sole ownership), Ellergrub, Steffensberg and Zeppwingert (Enkirch). Only Riesling vines are cultivated in traditional Moselle stake training, which are on average 60 years old and largely ungrafted. The grapes are harvested very late at optimal ripeness. The wines are mainly vinified dry and with the aim of longevity in stainless steel tanks or in traditional large wooden barrels with long storage on the full le es. According to the tradition of the former natural wines, pure yeasts, enzymes, protein stabilisation, clarification aids and deacidification are not used.