It was founded in 1822 by the mayor of Breisach Johann Baptist Hau; the first wine was then pressed in 1824. The business was then continued by son-in-law Franz Josef Müller, who gave the estate its present name. Since 1841 the premises of the old pension office have been used for wine growing and marketing. On the ground floor there is a vinotheque owned by the estate. In the historical vault under the pension office there is a wooden barrel and barrique cellar, as well as a small archive with wines from the best vintages of the last 60 years
Today the winery is owned by Joachim and Silvia Heger, who also run the Dr. Heger
winery. The vineyards comprise almost two hectares of vines in the individual locations Eckartsberg (Breisach) and Winklerberg
(Ihringen). They are planted with the white wine varieties Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Riesling and Pinot Noir. In principle, the wines are fully fermented. The white wines are aged in stainless steel and bottled after eight months. The red wines traditionally fermented on the mash are stored in stainless steel or mature for up to 18 months in French barriques.