The important wine trading and wine producer house with its headquarters in Beaune, Burgundy, was founded in 1859 by Louis Jadot. The last direct descendant of Louis-Alain Jadot died in 1968. At the family's request, André Gagey took over the position of General Director, a position he had held since 1962. In 1985, the company came into the possession of the American concern Kobrand. Today, the Louis Jadot estate comprises around 50 hectares of vineyards in the very best areas of the Côte d'Or, as well as 40 hectares of vineyards in Beaujolais, acquired in the 1980s. These include, for example, shares of Grand Cru and Premier Cru sites in the communes or appellations of Aloxe-Corton, Chambolle-Musigny, Gevrey-Chambertin, Montrachet, Morey-Saint-Denis, Pommard and Vougeot.
The ownership of the company also includes the two domains Gagey and Duc de Magenta. As a matter of principle, the wines are not aged in so that the terroir can fully develop in the taste of the wine. The top products are labelled under the own domain Louis Jadot. The Corton-Charlemagne, for example, is considered to be the best white wine at all, which is pressed under the famous name of this Grand Cru site. However, excellent wines are also produced from bought-in grapes. In 1998, a new winery near Beaune was put into operation.