The winery is located in the municipality of Gigondas in the French region of Rhône
. The name is derived from the Saint Cosme chapel, built in 1109, which is also depicted on the bottle labels. This traditional and one of the oldest estates in the region was acquired in 1570 by the ancestors of the current owner family Barruol. Since 1992, the business has been managed by Louis Barruol. In 2007 a newly built cellar was put into operation, and this year a wine trade was also started. The vineyards cover 15 hectares with an average age of over 60 years. The yields are reduced to an average of 27 hl/ha. Only wines from the Gigondas
appellation are produced.