The winery "Bodegas Muga S.A." is located in the city of Haro in the heart of the Spanish Rioja sub-region Rioja Alta
. It was founded in 1932 by Don Isaac Muga and his wife Aurora Caño. After his death in 1969, the siblings Manuel, Isabel and Isaac took over the estate and continuously expanded it. In 1972, the bodega was moved to a spacious building complex at Haro railway station. The vineyards comprise 70 hectares of own vineyards, from another 100 hectares grapes are purchased. Mainly the varieties Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Mazuelo and Viura are processed. In many respects, the winemaking still takes place in the traditional way. The fermentation takes place in huge wooden vats. With the help of an ingenious system, pumping processes can be almost completely avoided. The wines are almost not moved and only natural methods are used. The clarification takes place, for example, by means of hand beaten egg white. There are 17,000 barrique barrels made of French and American oak available for ageing. Premium wines include "Gran Reserva Prado Enea" and the cuvée "Torre Muga". About 100,000 cases (1.2 million bottles) of wine are produced annually, about 30% of which is exported.