The Greek wine and spirits company with headquarters in Kantza near Athens in the Attica
region was founded in 1869 by Andreas Cambas (born 1851). Soon the name Cambas became a synonym for quality brandies and later also wines. The first customer was the military hospital in Athens. This gave rise to the idea of the company's original trademark, the Red Cross. This was retained until 1919, when the symbol was registered as the international logo of the Red Cross, and was then changed to the current cloverleaf. The winery has been owned by a member of the Boutari
family since 1991. Among others, the varieties Agiorgitiko, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Moschophilero, Roditis and Savatiano are cultivated. There are cellars in Mantinia
(Peloponnese) and Kantza (Attica) where a wide range of wines is produced, as well as sparkling wine, brandy, retsina
. Well known wines are Korinthia (Agiorgitiko, Cabernet Sauvignon) from Peloponnese, OPAP Mantinia (Moschophilero) and Cabernet Sauvignon from Attica.