The winery is located on the western Côte in the area of Saint-Émilion
(Bordeaux). The château dates partly from the 15th century. From 1685 the estate was owned by the Laveau family. In 1934, it was acquired by the wine merchant Jean Nony. Today, it is managed by Marie-Françoise Nony and her son Jean Antoine. The estate is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 19 hectares of vines with the varieties Merlot (76%), Cabernet Franc (13%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (11%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 18 to 24 months in 80 to 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Plants du Mayne".