The winery is located in the commune of Saint-Christophe-des-Bardes near the town of Saint-Émilion in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The château was built at the time and in the style of Louis XIV (1638-1715) is one of the most beautiful of the area. At that time the estate (more than 100 years in total) was owned by the family of the Marquis de Rochefort-Lavie. In 1935 it was bought by the Beaumartin family. Since 1982, the estate has been managed by Bruno Sainson, who made major improvements to the vineyard and cellar. The well-known oenologist Michel Rolland (*1947) works in an advisory capacity. The estate is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover a total of 58 hectares, planted with Merlot (87%), Cabernet Franc (11%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (2%). However, only the best 27 hectares are used for the Grand Vin. The long-lasting red wine is aged for 11 to 13 months in 40% new barriques. Around 50% of the production is accounted for by the second wines "Les Tours de Laroque" and "Château Peymouton".