The winery is located in the commune of Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). In the turmoil of the French Revolution, the then owner Marguerite-Elie Guadet (1758-1794) was executed at the scaffold, his portrait is now on the label. However, the estate remained in family ownership and was only sold in 1844 to the ancestors of the current owner, Guy-Petrus Lignac. From 1844 to 2004, it was called Château Guadet-Saint-Julien. This sometimes led to confusion because it had nothing to do with the famous Médoc community of Saint-Julien. That is why it was renamed in 2005. Declassified in 2006, the farm was reclassified as "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover six hectares and are planted with Merlot (75%) and Cabernet Franc (25%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 16 to 18 months in barriques that are 50% new.