The winery is located in the commune of Saint-Étienne-de-Lisse in the Saint-Émilion
area (Bordeaux). Its origins date back to 1737, when the owner at the time documented that he planted the red variety Auxerrois, which was then increasingly called Pressac. Auxerrois and Pressac or Noir de Pressac are synonyms for Cot
(also Malbec). The name of the winery is therefore derived from Pressac. This was the dominant variety at that time. The estate was bought by Jean François Quenin in 1997 and completely renovated. In 2012, the estate was classified as "Grand Cru Classé" for the first time. The vineyards cover 42 hectares of vines with the varieties Merlot (72%), Cabernet Franc (14%), Cabernet Sauvignon (12%), Carmenère (1%) and Cot (Malbec, Pressac). This long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 months in barriques that are two-thirds new. The second wine is called "Tour de Pressac"; there is also a third wine.