You are using an old browser that may not function as expected.
For a better, safer browsing experience, please upgrade your browser.

Log in Become a Member


Comprehensive description of all European growing areas, their grape varieties, traditions and legal rules with maps.

Unfortunately there is no information about Valdadige DOC available.
Valdadige DOC

Description to Valdadige DOC

DOC area (German "Tal der Etsch") with the German name "Etschtaler" for red wines, rosé wines and white wines. The area stretches across borders in the two sub-regions South Tyrol (Alto Adige) and Trentino (which together form the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige) and Veneto. The zone includes the mountain slopes and plains along the river Adige (German: Etsch) from Merano in South Tyrol to Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella in Veneto. There are 34 municipalities in the province of Bolzano/Bozen (South Tyrol), 36 in the province of Trentino (Trentino), and Brentino Belluno, Dolcè and Rivoli Veronese in the province of Verona (Veneto). The former Valdadige Terradeiforti subzone was classified as a separate DOC area in 2010

The Bianco is blended in any use of Pinot Bianco = Pinot Blanc, Pinot Grigio = Pinot Gris, Riesling Italico = Welschriesling, Müller-Thurgau and Chardonnay (to 20%), and any use of Trebbiano Toscano, Nosiola, Sauvignon = Sauvignon Blanc and Garganega (max. 80%). Rosso and Rosato are produced from Enantio, and/or various Schiava varieties (to the. 50%), as well as any use of Merlot, Pinot Nero = Pinot Noir, Lagrein, Teroldego, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon (max. 50%)

The pure variety wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. These are the white wines Chardonnay (also as Frizzante), Pinot Bianco (also as Frizzante) and Pinot Grigio, as well as the red wine Schiava in any use of the varieties Schiava Grossa, Schiava Gentile and Schiava Grigia.
In this section you will find
currently 162,031 Wines and 24,804 Producers, including 2,923 classified producers.
Rating system Find+Buy Tasting samples Editorial schedule