Log in Become a Member

Regions

Comprehensive description of all European growing areas, their grape varieties, traditions and legal rules with maps.

Unfortunately there is no information about Santa Margherita di Belice DOC available.
Santa Margherita di Belice DOC

Description to Santa Margherita di Belice DOC

DOC area for red and white wines in the Italian region of Sicily. The zone includes the two municipalities of Santa Margherita di Belice and Montevago in the province of Agrigento. Under this DOC designation, however, wines may also be produced in the municipalities of Castelvetrano, Partanna, Poggioreale and Salaparuta in the province of Trapani, as well as in the three DOC areas of Contessa Entellina, Menfi and Sambuca di Sicilia.

The Rosso is blended from the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon and/or Sangiovese (50-80%), Nero d'Avola (20-50%), as well as other authorised varieties (max. 15%). The Bianco is produced from the varieties Ansonica = Inzolia (30-50%), Catarratto Bianco Lucido and/or Grecanico = Garganega (50-70%), as well as other approved varieties (max. 15%).

The pure variety wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the rest up to a maximum of 15% can be other approved varieties. The two red wines are Nero d'Avola and Sangiovese. The three white wines are Ansonica, Catarratto and Grecanico.

EVENTS NEAR YOU

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.