Log in Become a Member

Regions

Comprehensive description of all European growing areas, their grape varieties, traditions and legal rules with maps.

Unfortunately there is no information about Sant 'Antimo DOC available.
Sant 'Antimo DOC

Description to Sant 'Antimo DOC

DOC area for red wines, rosé wines and white wines in the south of the Italian region of Tuscany. It is named after the Romanesque-style abbey in the municipality of the same name, which belongs to Montalcino. The small zone includes only the municipality of Sant'Antimo.

The pure variety wines must consist of at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. The three red wines are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Nero(Pinot Noir). The three white wines are Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio(Pinot Gris) and Sauvignon(Sauvignon Blanc). The wine types Rosso (also known as Novello) and Bianco are made using any of the red or white varieties permitted in Tuscany.

The white Vin Santo is produced from Trebbiano Toscano and/or Malvasia Bianca = Malvasia Bianca Lunga (zum. 70%), as well as other authorised varieties (max. 30%) The rosé Vin Santo Occhio di Pernice (also called Riserva) is produced from Sangiovese (30-50%), Malvasia Nera = Malvasia Nera di Brindisi (30-50%), as well as other authorised varieties (max. 30%).

EVENTS NEAR YOU

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.