You are using an old browser that may not function as expected.
For a better, safer browsing experience, please upgrade your browser.

Log in Become a Member


Comprehensive description of all European growing areas, their grape varieties, traditions and legal rules with maps.

Unfortunately there is no information about Primitivo di Manduria DOC available.
Primitivo di Manduria DOC

Description to Primitivo di Manduria DOC

DOC/DOCG area for red wine in the Italian region of Apulia. The zone includes, along the south coast of the Salento peninsula (the "heel of the boot"), the municipalities of Avetrana, Carosino, Faggiano, Fragagnano, Leporano, Lizzano, Manduria, Maruggio, Monteparano, Pulsano, Roccaforzata, San Giorgio Jonico, San Marzano di San Giuseppe, Sava and Torricella in the province of Taranto, and the municipalities of Erchie, Oria and Torre Santa Susanna in the province of Brindisi

The wine must contain at least 85% of the variety Primitivo(Tribidrag), the remaining 15% may be other authorised varieties. There is also a Riserva, which must be aged for at least 24 months (9 of which in wooden barrels). The alcohol content must be at least 14% vol (instead of 13.5%)

In 2011, the Primitivo di Manduria Dolce Naturale wine type was the first in Puglia to be classified as DOCG. It must be pressed 100% pure. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, Vigna followed by the name of the vineyard can be indicated on the label.
In this section you will find
currently 161,975 Wines and 24,803 Producers, including 2,923 classified producers.
Rating system Find+Buy Tasting samples Editorial schedule