Log in Become a Member

Regions

Comprehensive description of all European growing areas, their grape varieties, traditions and legal rules with maps.

Unfortunately there is no information about Bagnoli di Sopra (Bagnoli) DOC available.
Bagnoli di Sopra (Bagnoli) DOC

Description to Bagnoli di Sopra (Bagnoli) DOC

DOC area (also Bagnoli) for white wines, red wines and rosé wines in the Italian Veneto region. The zone includes the municipalities of Agna, Arre, Bagnoli di Sopra, Battaglia Terme, Bovolenta, Candiana, Cartura, Conselve, Due Carrare, Monselice, Pernumia, San Pietro Viminario, Terrassa Padovana ubd Tribano in the province of Padova. The Classico area includes the eponymous municipality of Bagnoli di Sopra. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, Vigna followed by the name of the vineyard can be indicated on the label

The pure variety wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. The only white wine is Marzemina Bianca. The red wines are Cabernet (CF and/or CS and/or Carmenère), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère, Cavrara, Corbina, Merlot, Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso and Turchetta

The Bianco is blended from Chardonnay (30%), Friulano = Sauvignonasse and/or Sauvignon = Sauvignon Blanc (20%), Raboso Piave and/or Raboso Veronese (10%, white pressed), as well as other approved varieties (max. 15%). The Rosso is produced from Merlot (15-60%), CF and/or CS and/or Carmenère (25%), and Raboso Piave and/or Raboso Veronese (15%). The Rosato is produced from Raboso Piave and/or Raboso Veronese (50%), Merlot (max. 40%) and other authorised varieties (max. 10%).

There are also the wine types Vin da Viajo(Liquoroso), Spumante and Spumante Rosato (both 90% Raboso Piave). The Bagnoli Friularo obtained DOCG status in 2012.

EVENTS NEAR YOU