wein.plus
Attention
You are using an old browser that may not function as expected. For a better, safer browsing experience, please upgrade your browser.

Log in Become a Member

Regions

Comprehensive description of all European growing areas, their grape varieties, traditions and legal rules with maps.

Unfortunately there is no information about Arcole DOC available.
Arcole DOC

Description to Arcole DOC

DOC area for red, rosé and white wines in the Italian region of Veneto. The vineyards of the zone comprise about 50 hectares of vineyards in the complete area of the municipalities of Albaredo d'Adige, Arcole, Belfiore, Cologna Veneta, Veronella, Zevio and Zimella, and in sub-areas of the municipalities of Caldiero, Colognola ai Colli, Lavagno, Monteforte d'Alpone, Pressana, Roveredo di Guà, San Bonifacio, San Martino Buon Albergo, Soave and Vago in the province of Verona; and, to a full extent, the municipalities of Alonte, Lonigo, Orgiano, Sarego and Sossano in the province of Vicenza. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, Vigna followed by the name of the vineyard can be indicated on the bottle label.

The pure variety wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other authorised varieties. The red wines are Cabernet (Cabernet Franc and/or Cabernet Sauvignon and/or Carmenère), Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère and Merlot. The white wines are Chardonnay, Garganega - also known as Vendemmia tardiva = late harvest, Pinot Bianco (Pinot Blanc), Pinot Grigio (Pinot Gris) and Sauvignon (Sauvignon Blanc).

The Bianco (also known as Spumante and Passito) is blended from Garganega (minimum 50%) and other authorised varieties (maximum 50%). The Rosso and Rosato (both also available as Novello) and Nero are produced from Merlot (at least 50%) and other authorised varieties (max. 50%). A Frizzante there's Bianco, Chardonnay, Rosso and Rosato. A Riserva with longer maturation period there are of Rosso, Cabernet, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère and Merlot.

In this section you will find
currently 143,221 Wines and 22,862 Producers, including 2,327 classified producers.
Rating system Their sources in Wine Guide Wine Samples

EVENTS NEAR YOU