The winery "Julius Wasem & Söhne" is located in the community of Ingelheim (Bingen area) in the German wine growing region of Rheinhessen. The Wasem family first demonstrably engaged in winegrowing as early as 1726. In the 17th century, the farm buildings were home to the noble family of Knight Hundt von Saulheim and his wife Katharina, née von Rodenstein. The foundation stone for today's business was laid in 1912 by Julius Wasem (1894-1972), who set up the winery in the old aristocratic seat in Ober-Ingelheim and was the first producer to bottle and market his wines himself. Among other things, he was a member of the board of the German Winegrowers' Association and co-founder of the German Wine Seal for Rhinehesse. In 1963 he handed over the farm to his sons Gerhard and Jochen. Today it is managed in the third generation by their sons Holger and Burkhard Wasem. A wine tavern and a wine hotel are attached, which are managed by their wives Ilona and Karin Wasem.
The vineyards cover 34 hectares of vineyards in the individual locations Burgberg, Horn, Pares, Rheinhöhe, Schlossberg and Sonnenhang (Ingelheim), as well as Blume and Bockstein (Elsheim). Two thirds of the vineyards are planted with the red wine varietiesPinot Noir (Pinot Noir), Blauer Portugieser, Frühburgunder, Dornfelder, St. Laurent, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Schwarzriesling(Pinot Meunier), and one third with the white wine varieties Riesling, Silvaner, Müller-Thurgau, Grauburgunder(Pinot Gris), Weißburgunder(Pinot Blanc) and Gewürztraminer. Wine-growing is practised in a near-natural, environmentally friendly manner. The product range also includes fine spirits(yeast, marc, wine), bottle-fermented sparkling wines, grape juice in red and white, and wine jelly produced.