Located in Montalcino in the Italian region of Tuscany
, the estate was purchased in 1953 by Martini Bramante, who grew up on the estate. He made his first Brunello in 1968 and when he thought about selling the estate in the 1980s, his grandson Vincenzo Abbruzzese decided to take over the responsibility in 1987 as a career changer. Considerable investments were made in the vineyard and the cellar and the experienced oenologist Attilio Pagli was hired as a consultant. The owner relies extremely on meticulous vineyard care and, according to his own statement, spends time in his vineyards every day (except when it rains). The property covers 40 hectares, 16 of which are planted with vines. The flagship of the house is the Brunello di Montalcino
from the single vineyard Madonna del Piano, which is only produced in very good years. A second one is marketed under Brunello Valdicava. A Rosso di Montalcino
is also produced. The wines are aged in Slavonian oak.