The 'Cooperativa Produttori del Barbaresco s.r.l.', based in Barbaresco in the
Italian region of Piedmont, was
founded in 1958 by the local priest with 19 members at the time. Since there was no money to build a cellar, the first three vintages were vinified in the cellars of the church. Afterwards the cooperative headquarters, which still exists today, was available opposite the church. Today the cooperative has 56 members who cultivate a total of 100 hectares of vineyards. That is about one sixth of the DOCG Barbaresco area. The responsible oenologist is called Gianni Testa. The base wine is the Langhe Nebbiolo (20%), followed by the normal Barbaresco (40%) and in special years up to nine sites Barbarescos (40%). These are the sites Asili, Moccagatta, Montestefano, Montefico, Ovello, Pajé, Pora, Rabajà and Rio Sordo. The name of this vineyard and the owner are indicated on the label. The total production amounts to about 35,000 cases (420,000 bottles) of wine made exclusively from Nebbiolo.