The winery is located in the municipality of Bolzano (Bozen) in the Italian wine-growing region of South Tyrol (Trentino-Alto Adige). The farm was first mentioned in the 15th century with cellar and torggel. It has been owned by the family since 1935 and is now managed by the third generation. In 2009 the farm started to process the grapes itself, before that they had been delivered to a cooperative. The steep vineyards cover three hectares of vineyards on soils characterised by quartz porphyry, morainic granite and basalt deposits in the Kampill fraction of the municipality of Bolzano and on the surrounding slopes of Bolzano.
The main focus is on the red wine varieties Vernatsch(Schiava Grossa) and Lagrein, but mixed sets and Gewürztraminer are also cultivated. The vineyards are cultivated according to the rules of biodynamic viticulture. The cellar work is carried out according to non-invasive principles with as few interventions as possible. The wines are always fermented spontaneously. The red wines undergo a long maceration of up to seven weeks. The wines are matured in large wooden barrels and in concrete barrels, with only a little sulphurisation at a late stage. Fining and filtration are not used. About 20,000 bottles of wine are produced annually, which are exported worldwide. The winery is a member of the winegrowers' association Freie Weinbauern Südtirol.