The winery is located in the municipality of Mouillac in the Pomerol
area (Bordeaux). It was created in the 19th century by dividing up a larger estate, the other part being the immediately adjacent Château Le Gay. Both were owned by the Robin family; most recently the sisters Thérèse and Marie Robin. After the death of Marie Robin in 2001, Château Lafleur came into the possession of her nephew Jacques Guinaudeau and his wife Sylvie. The vineyards cover five hectares and are planted with Merlot (50%) and Cabernet Franc (50%). The old vines were largely spared by the devastating frost of 1956. The extremely long-lasting wine is aged for 18 months in 50% new barriques. The wines show great consistency over the years and are often described as equal to Château Pétrus
. Between 1945 and 1955, outstanding wines were produced, with 1947, 1949 and 1950 being particularly noteworthy, which is why the estate is often referred to as "The Little Pétrus". However, it should not be confused with the neighbouring Château La Fleur-Pétrus
(which in turn has nothing to do with Château Pétrus). The second wine is called "Les Pensées de Lafleur".