The winery is located in the municipality of Sambuca di Sicilia (province of Agrigento) on the Italian island of Sicily
. The first vineyards were planted in 1860 by Cristoforo Ciaccio. In 1985, Aurelio Di Giovanna and his wife Barbara Gottfried initiated a thorough study of the microclimatic conditions and terroir in order to select and plant the ideal grape varieties or clones
. Today the farm is run by Gunther and Klaus Di Giovanna. The oenologist in charge is Carlo Tambussi. The vineyards cover 51 hectares of land with the Miccina, Gerbino and Paradiso vineyards on the hills of Contessa Entellina at 330-470 metres above sea level, and San Giacomo and Fiuminello at 400-780 metres above sea level in the municipality of Sambuca di Sicilia. They are planted with the red wine varieties Nero d'Avola, Nerello Mascalese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot, and with the white wine varieties Biancolella, Grillo, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier. The cultivation is carried out according to ecological criteria, certified organic since 1997. Around 250,000 bottles of wine are produced annually, including exports to Germany, the USA and Japan. Olive oil is also produced.