The winery is located near the commune of Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). It was owned by the Chatonnet Crépin family, from 1898 it belonged to various wine merchants from Belgium, and in 1928 it was purchased by Charles Pistouley, whose heirs sold it to the current owners in 1992. From 2006, it was advised by Hubert De Boüard, a co-owner of Château Angélus
. The farm was first classified as "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover only 2.2 hectares, planted with Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Franc (40%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 18 months in 100% new barriques.