The winery is located northeast of Saint-Émilion in the area of the same name(Bordeaux). The history of the estate is closely linked to that of the neighbouring Château Pavie. In the 18th century, the vineyards of both estates belonged to Abbé Raymond de Sèze, who also had the present estate building constructed in 1745. In 1840, the estate, then called Château Mondot, was taken over by Raymond Troplong. From 1921 to 1936, it was owned by the wine merchant Georges Thienpont, who then sold it to Alexander Valette. Since 1981, it has been managed by the former journalist Christine Valette. The estate was one of the first customers of the oenologist Michel Rolland (*1947). The estate was previously classified as "Grand Cru Classé" and was upgraded to "Premier Grand Cru Classé B" in 2006. The vineyards cover 30 hectares of vines planted with Merlot (90%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%) and Cabernet Franc (5%). The extremely long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 to 24 months in 75% new barriques. The second wine is called "Mondot".