The winery is located in the municipality of Beychevelle in the area of Saint-Julien
in the Médoc
(Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux). It has a very eventful history, having been divided and merged several times over the centuries. Viniculture was already practised here in 1693. At that time the estate was called Serançan and belonged to a Marquis de Cheverry. In 1767 it was acquired by the Baron de Saint-Pierre, who gave it its present name. After his death, it was divided between his two daughters, but was classified together in fourth place (Quatrième Cru Classé) in the 1855 Bordeaux classification
. After some changes of ownership, Léon Sevaistre acquired one half in 1892, so that by the end of the 19th century there were two families of owners with the two labels Château Saint-Pierre-Sevaistre and Château Saint-Pierre-Bontemps Dubarry
In the 1920s, the Belgian wine merchant M. van den Bussche bought both halves of the properties, with the exception of the storage cellars, which were purchased by the Belgian Alfred Martin. His son Henri Martin (+1991) then reunited the entire property with cellars and vineyards in 1982. Together with the two wineries Château Bel-Air
and Château Gloria
, the entire estate now trades under the name "Domaines Martin". Since the death of Henri Martin, the estate has been managed by his son-in-law Jean-Louis Triaud and his daughter Francoise. The vineyards cover 17 hectares and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (70%), Merlot (20%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The extremely long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 months in 50% new barriques. The two second wines are "Clos de Uza" and "Saint-Louis-le-Bosq".