The winery is located in Saint-Émilion in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). It was founded in the middle of the 18th century under the name Château Tertre-Daugay. The name derives from the location on a hill (Tertre = hill). Pierre-Philippe Alezais is named as the first owner, whose descendant Philippe Alezais expanded the estate. It was awarded a gold medal at the World's Fair in Paris in 1867. At the end of the 19th century, the estate was sold to the banker Eugène Robin. Other owners were Léon Galhaud and Count Leo de Malet Roquefort. The neglected farm was reactivated in 1978. Until 1984, the wines had to be vinified at Château La Gaffelière. In 2011, the farm was acquired by Domaine Clarence Dillon and renamed "Château Quintus". In 2012, it was classified as "Grand Cru Classé" under its old name. The vineyards cover 15 hectares with the varieties Merlot (51%) and Cabernet Franc (49%). The red wine matures in 50% new barriques. The new second wine is now called "Le Dragon de Quintus" (formerly "Château de Roquefort").