The winery is located in Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The origin is at the end of the 18th century. At the time of the Paris World Exhibition in 1867 it was owned by the Ducasse family. In 1941 it came into the possession of Hélène Gratiot-Alphandéry, and since 1990 it has been managed by her son Jacques Olivier Gratiot. In 2012 it was highly classified as "Premier Grand Cru Classé B". The vineyards cover 11 hectares with Merlot (87%), Cabernet Franc (20%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (2%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 20 months in barriques that are 60% new.