The winery is located in Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). Its origins date back to the 13th century, when wines were made here for the Order of the Knights of St. John (Commanderie). After an eventful history, the estate was bought by Fernand De in 1959 and finally acquired in 2004 by Thibaut and Magli Decoster, who also own Château Clos des Jacobins
. After the takeover, the winery was completely renovated and the vineyards were converted to . The estate was first classified as "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover six hectares, planted with Merlot (80%$) and Cabernet Franc (20%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 18 months in 50% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Chemins de la Commanderie".