The winery is located just west of the commune of Saint-Estèphe
in the area of the same name in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux classification
according to the old system, which is no longer valid, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois Supèrieur" in 2003. The architecturally impressive château with two flanking towers dates from the 16th century. From the year 1955 it was managed by Robert Doussan and in 1995 it was taken over by the Champagne House Roederer
. The vineyards cover 30 hectares and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (45%), Merlot (44%), Cabernet Franc (8%) and Petit Verdot (3%). The extremely long-lasting red wine with a relatively high Merlot content matures for 20 to 22 months in barriques that are a quarter new.