The winery is located in the municipality of Labarde in the Margaux
region of the Médoc
(Bordeaux). The origin of thed vine growing dates back to 1740, when the wife of Count Thomas Michel Lynch brought the property into the marriage as a dowry. After an eventful history with many owners, it has been controlled by the insurance company MAIF since 1989. From 1992 onwards, the insurance company leased it to the specially founded operating company "Societé Fermière d'Exploitation", headed by André Lurton
. Extensive renovations were carried out in the cellar, farm buildings and vineyards. In the 1855 Bordeaux classification
, the estate was awarded fifth place (Cinquième Cru Classé). The estate covers 120 hectares of land, of which only 40 hectares are planted with vines. These are the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (58%), Merlot (37%) and Cabernet Franc (5%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 months in 50 to 80% new barriques. The second wine is called "La Bastide de Dauzac".