The winery is located in the municipality of Belvès de Castillon
in the Saint-Émilion
(Bordeaux) area. Originally it was called Fief-de-Bellevue. During the long period from 1642 to 1938 (almost 300 years), it was owned by the Lacaze family. Today's owner is the Horeau family. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover six hectares and are planted with Merlot (68%), Cabernet Franc (16%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (16%). The long-lasting red wine matures in partly new barriques.