The winery is located on the plateau near the town of Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name. It was created in 1869 by dividing the inheritance of the then Château Beauséjour, the other part being the present Château Beauséjour Duffau-Lagarosse
. In 1970, the property was bought by the Bécot family, which gave it its present name. The purchase in 1979 of the two vineyards "only" classified as Grand Cru Classé, La Carte and Trois Moulins, led to a downgrading in 1985. Michel Bécot and his two sons Gérard and Dominique modernised the vineyards. Incidentally, the estate was one of the first customers of the well-known oenologist Michel Rolland
(*1947). In 2006 and 2012 respectively, the estate was again highly classified as "Premier Grand Cru Classé B". The vineyards cover 17 hectares with Merlot (70%), Cabernet Franc (15%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (15%). The extremely long-lasting red wine is aged for 18 months in 90% new barriques. The second wine is called "La Tournelle des Moines".