The winery is located on the plateau near the town of Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name. By marriage François de Carle, the owner of Château Figeac
, acquired the still undivided Château Beauséjour in 1722. In 1847 the estate came into the possession of Pierre-Paulin Ducarpe. In 1869 it finally came to a division. From one part the Château Beau-Séjour-Bécot
was created, the second part went to Ducarpe's daughter, the wife of the doctor Duffau-Lagarrosse, which was the reason for the present name of the estate. Later, the estate was bought by the Laporte family. In 1981, part of the vineyard was given to son Olivier Laporte, who founded the Château Croix-Beauséjour. The estate was one of the first customers of the famous oenologist Michel Rolland
(*1947). It has always been classified as a "Premier Grand Cru Classé B", which was confirmed again in 2012. The vineyards cover seven hectares and are planted with Merlot (60%), Cabernet Franc (25%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (15%). The extremely long-lasting red wine is aged for up to 18 months in 50% new barriques. The second wine is called "La Croix de Mazerat".