The winery is located in the municipality of Pomerol
or the area of the same name (Bordeaux). Its origins date back to the 12th century, when the Maltese Order of Knights established a residence here. In 1793 it was acquired by Bonaventure Berthomieux. He had the beautiful château built. A part of the vineyards was acquired by Château Figeac
in the 18th century. After several changes of ownership, the estate was bought by Crédit Foncier de France in 1991. The vineyards with 17 hectares of vines are planted with Merlot (60%), Cabernet Franc (30%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lasting red wine matures for 18 to 24 months in 60% new barriques. The second wine is called "Benjamin de Beauregard". The American architect Daniel Guggenheim (1856-1930) was so enthusiastic during a visit after the First World War that he had a 1:1 copy built on Long Island (New York State) and named it "Mille Fleurs".